Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Our Big Winners Starring AVR

Just in case someone thinks I'm a Pollyanna, click on the title of today's post to see what I assume is bad news about one of our stocks. Then, take a look at the winners.

I really like when a stock has more than a 2% gain in a day. I know that daily isn't usually that important unless you're a day trader, but it can be fun.

Because this is my first Big Winners post, I'm going to let InfoUSA slide in. You might remember that their Super Bowl commercial was possibly the only one that made money for the company, but many people who are not part of their target market didn't get it. I'm sure not reaching the people that they weren't trying to reach while getting their message across to likely customers is no skin off their nose. Just because many Super Bowl commercial watchers prefer entertainment and laughter doesn't mean those commercials actually achieved more sales. I still remember years ago when a guy I know thought that a car commercial was really dumb. I tried to tell him that Cadillac definitely wasn't aiming for him, but to no avail.

So, starting us off is InfoUSA (IUSA) with an uptick of 1.94% - almost 2% territory. Next is Vaalco Energy (EGY) - up 2.05%. Jackson Hewitt Tax Service (JTX) was up 3.10% today. Valassis Communications (VCI) - up 4.45%. And, today's star of our portfolio...

Aventine Renewable Energy! (AVR) up 6.42%.






***
Business Owner Investment

No comments: