Monday, March 19, 2007

If He Has The Time, Doctor, If He Has The Time

I'm a Star Trek fan from way back. I may be both a Trekkie and a Trekker in denial. I've never given myself those tags, but some people who are not fans think I know a lot about Star Trek.

Candela's progress reminds me of a scene in an episode ["Arena"] with Captain Kirk trying to outwit a reptilian creature called a Gorn. The advanced aliens [I was thinking Leptons, but Wikipedia assures me that they are Metrons.] that placed these two combatants on the same planet assured them that the raw materials to destroy their opponent and achieve victory for themselves and their crew exist on that planet.

While Mr. Spock and Dr. McCoy watch helplessly on the ship's viewscreen, they notice that the components for gunpowder and many other minerals are plentiful if Captain Kirk can put the clues together. He does finally realize what he's got, but he's slowed by an injury caused by an opponent. After Kirk gathers diamonds and ingredients to make gunpowder, he has to build a primitive cannon to blast the thick hide of his opponent. Meanwhile, the extra strong Gorn gets closer and closer, moving in for the kill. As his shipmates watch from space, McCoy says something positive about Kirk figuring out the problem and being able to finish the task and save himself and the crew. Spock replies with what I guess is one of the top 20 lines remembered by fans of the original Star Trek series:

IF HE HAS THE TIME, DOCTOR, IF HE HAS THE TIME.

Candela made an acquisition recently which you can read by following the link below. Motley Fool seems to think that they are behind, but all is not lost. Read the Motley Fool article by clicking on the title of today's post.

Candela's symbol is CLZR and as of Friday's close, our holding is down 5.75%.

Will Candela achieve victory for themselves and their crew (shareholders)?

If he has the time indeed...


http://www.globes.co.il/serveen/globes/docview.asp?did=1000191537&fid=942


As for my "Trekkiness" I did have to visit Google and Wikipedia to find some of the Star Trek information like "Arena" as the name of the episode and a couple other bits, but I admit that that quote is emblazoned in my memory forever. Visit the TinyURL/Wikipedia link below to read more:


http://preview.tinyurl.com/ytp4wt



***
Business Owner Investment

No comments: